Friday 15 August 2014

Friday 15th August 2015

Thursday.

Goodbye Sky.

I have had Sky TV for the best part of twenty years. And it has been good, if getting ever more expensive. A few years back, after Norwich got promoted, I thought about getting ESPN added to our package, I was told that the new monthly bill would be £76. This was three years ago now. I was horrified, and made a promise, which I kept to cancel Sky sports at the end of that season.

And then we began to look at new TVs a few weeks back, and realised that if we bought a new TV with freeview, we could ditch sky and the TV would pay for itself in non-payment of sky in about a year. And so we bought the TV, arranged for a new aerial to be installed and the old dish taken away, and Thursday was the day.

And that was that, aerial up, dish down, TV tuned in and no more Sky. Now, how hard do you think it was to convince sky I really wanted to cancel my contract? Almost impossible. And then today they called me asking if they could make me an offer to keep Sky. What without an aerial I said.....

The year is getting on, it is now dark before nine, and the stars are coming out, as well as the air feeling fresher of an evening. Which is good really. There are blackberries and sloes in the hedgerows, and most of the fields around us are harvested. And yet as we move towards autumn, on the other side of the world, they move towards spring, so those who cycle up mountains in snow will soon be doing that in spring sunshine!

Angels 1-5

And so the day passes with me working from home, doing work stuff and generally being ignored by the rest of the company. Not happy about that, not happy at all, but it seems to be the way it is going to be. Oh well. Jools comes home at five, we have coffee and then dinner. The evening passes with us listening to the radio, whilst outside the storm clouds gather and for the third night in a row we have torrential downpours and bright sunshine, so we get to see double and triple rainbows.

Paint the whole world with a rainbow

No comments: