Saturday 16 August 2014

Saturday 16th August 2014

Friday.

The final day of the week, and the final day until I head off on my holibobs on the 11th September that I will not be travelling. Again. These four weeks at home have been great and my batteries have recharged. But now is the time to earn those air miles again, and next week I have four days in Denmark, which should not be too bad at all, I am going to Esbjerg for some observing, and to understand they work that goes on at our site there, because come next spring, components for our project will be going through there.

The Big Field

Anyway, I head over to Ramsgate, I really have to get my travel expenses done. As I arrive the monkeys are loading up the boats, and it is quiet in the office. However, as the last leave, I hear a rumble of thunder, which i ask if anyone else has heard. I am ignored. Oh well.

Needless to say, halfway out to site, they see lightning and the Met office raise the lightning risk, so back in the coe. Which is bad news for me as I will not have a desk to work at. So, I pack up and head off home, were tem cats are waiting.

Theres a light

I work until three, only to find out that, well, I won't go into that, but I threw my hands up and switched the computer off. It was the weekend and all that shit can wait until next week.

On the way to pick up Jools, I stop off to take shots of the large field which has been left unharvested, it stretches up the hill, apparently right up to the lighthouse, the top of which just pokes above the hill. I still have some time, so I park near the Duke of York's, in the bay overlooking the harbour and the Channel to get some shots of the ferries and the Channel beyond. It is a wonderfully clear day, and you can see the buildings in Calais, including the Hotel de Ville, if you look real close at the shots.

Meanwhile, in the Channel

Jools is waiting by the Grammar school; i pick her up and we head home. The weekend had begun!

No comments: