Sunday 24 August 2014

Sunday 24th August 2014

I will begin this post by relaying the great news that Jools' sister was discharged from hospital this morning, so good has her recovery been. I am not going to go into the details of what is and isn't wrong, or whatever. She has some tests to go, but now she is well enough to be home and is, some two days after her birthday, and that is great news indeed. The best of news, really.

It is the middle day of a bank holiday weekend, I am in a good mood, we have just had a lazy late lunch, and now I think that maybe we should have a nice afternoon snooze whilst the football burbles in the background. But, I am getting ahead of myself, lets catch up where we left off on Friday morning.

Friday.

The early morning call of nature, I try to creep out of the bedroom without waking Jools, only to stead on something soft and squidgy: Urgh I said loudly. I have woken Jools, so I turn the light on and there on the floor is a baby mouse left for us as a midnight snack by one of the moggies. It is the thought that counts, but we really need to teach them how to make coffee so they can give us an early morning gift we'd really like.

So, now that I'm awake and awake, best make a coffee, feed the cats and so the day begins. I drive to the office in Ramsgate, and get down to work which seems to take up most of my time. At three, it seems that I had done enough work for the week, so pack my stuff up and head home for the three day weekend.

New toy #2

I arrive home and try to set the new computer up. All is well excpet for windows 8 which is just shit. Well, its shot compared to the older versions, quite why things have to be so different from previous versions, meaning its impossible to find things or how to do stuff which should be so easy. I spend nearly two hours getting my old laptop and the new computer so I can transfer some files. It really should not be this hard. But it is done, and I am happy enough to switch the old laptop off and only use the new one.

The night was spent watching the Kate Bush special on BBC4, reminding us of the unique talent that Ms Bush has, and how different from anything else we have seen before or since. Next week she starts her long residency in London, the one I failed to get tickets for, oh well.

I'll leave you with something only Kate could make:

No comments: