Saturday 2 August 2014

Saturday 2nd August 2014

Friday.

And when it came down to it, I decided to work from home after all. It is the last day of the Danish holiday season, which means as of Monday work will really ramp up again, and be kerrr-azzee.

So, I cracked on with work, the guys turned up half eight and began banging and bashing and drilling. I tried to ignore the noise, and so the day passed.

The View from behind the raspberries

At least no more major problems have been found, and once all the render had been swept up, the place looked quite tidy again, and we can now begin to see the end of the job, we hope. A bloke came round to measure the windows, as most if not all will also be replaced, and when all rendered it, will look pretty as a picture.

Operation "Big Job": day 4

At five I finished work, unplugged the works computer and went to check on the house, in doing so completed the job of pulling the phone cable out of the socket and disconnecting the phone and internet. It was nice just doing without it for an evening, but then you do remember all the jobs online you want to do and have to put off. I checked with BT how much it would cost to fix, minimum of £119.95 was the answer. Lets see if I could fix it tomorrow.

Operation "Big Job": day 4

The fact that you are reading this now means that I did fix the interwebs connection. I finished re-reading Where Have all the Bullets Gone? A Spike Milligan war diary, and go out my favourite, Goodbye Soldier to begin the next day. In one part, Spike returns to England on leave, and is desperate to rediscover his pre-war life. But it is gone, and he, like us, can never go back.

Just a thought.

No comments: