Friday 22 August 2014

Friday 22nd August 2014

Tuesday.

I stirred very little during the night, and was happy to see that when I checked the time I had slept soundly for 10 hours and felt like a million dollars. An overweight million dollars for sure, but still. Ten hours. Rock and roll.

I dressed and went down for breakfast before heading into the office for a day of observing and writing suggestions. It was good to be back amongst friends, people I have known for up to 18 months, who seem really pleased to see me. Quite why this surprises me is one thing, but it warms the cockles of my heart to realize this. I do get that, on occasion, some people I know don’t treat my friendship with the reverence I feel for them. Maybe its just me.

Anyway, the working day progressed well. We had a break for lunch and we ordered in chicken and bacon rolls, which were mighty tasty.

In the evening I went to Paddy Go Easy because, because its there really. Need another reason? I had a pint, a pint of Guinness as the Kilkenny was off, and very good it was too. I tried to get a table at the Dronning Louise, but it was rammed as the locals, all descended from Vikings remember, were all sitting inside due to the slight chill in the air. So, I walked round the corner to Bones and ordered ribs and a coke, and all was well with the world.

All was well until I spoke to Jools to hear that her sister had been rushed into hospital with severe liver and kidney problems. This does not come as that much as a shock as you might expect. She had looked ill for most of last year, but seemed to be getting better. Anyway, she is in hospital, had a blood transfusion, and now they will find out what the reason for it all. All the same, worrying times for us all.

I headed back to the hotel to watch some football, as it is that time of the year, like between the end of June and the end of May when there is football on somewhere.

Wednesday.

I guess the news from home puts everything in perspective. Little more is known about the cause, but she is still in hospital and will be probably for the rest of the week. We are all concerned, that goes without saying. She has had tests and been prodded and probed, we will know at some point. Jools went over to see her in the evening, and, well, its as expected really.

For me, it was a day at work in sunny Esbjerg. Or sunny between the showers and thunderstorms. I worked away getting stuff done, having meetings, fielding phone calls. The usual stuff.

In the evening, I met up with my old boss and we went back to Butchers for dinner. Rib eye steak and beer for me, and mighty tasty it was too.

I bailed on heading back to Paddy Go Easy, as I felt I had had enough beer with the man-sized glass I had with dinner, so went back to the hotel to check on which game would be on TV. Turned out to be Aalburg, I think, and it was awful, thankfully the interwebs was distracting and so passed another quiet evening in the hotel.

Outside the rain hammered down again. Well, it is Denmark.

No comments: