Sunday 3 August 2014

Sunday August 3rd 2014

Saturday.

We were woken early on Saturday morning. Well, I say say Saturday morning, it was technically morning, in that the clock had passed midnight. But there was an enormous clap of thunder, which woke us and half of Dover up too. I lay there for an hour as the storm crashed around the house, soaking our un-rendered house. Not much we could do about it.

I did get back to sleep, but was awake again at six, and ready for an action-packed day off.

First off it was tesco so we could get enough food for them cats, and stock up on beer after the builders had helped reduce our stockpile. Somehow that all came to £140, although there was other stuff too. But still, anyway, just fruit and veg from now on this month to get.

Back hoe to unpack, have coffee, then out to have a barnet mangle, then off to Preston to the butchers, as we fancied steak that night. And back home to put the meat away, drink more coffee, have lunch, help the builders pack away for the weekend, and then do more chores.

Operation "Big Job": day 5

Like visit Nan. As I've said before, Nan can be grumpy, then anyone who was 99 and 11 months old is probably going to be a little short tempered. But the visits are seldom joyful, as we get the usual, where have you been, where is Dad/Jen/Cath etc. OK, maybe not that bad, but enough for me to only want to do it once a month.

Then off to see my friend, Gary, who was taken ill on his holibobs, but is back now getting better. We have coffee and chat, which is fine.

Rain is now falling, so we head home as it is time to feed them cats, and for me to prepare dinner. Rump steak, garlic mushrooms, saute potatoes and peas n sweetcorn. Lovely it was, even if I say so myself. Thanks to Queen Delia, I now know how to prepare the steak so it is always tender and tasty. Buying from the butcher rather than Tesco also helps of course.

And so ended Saturday.

No comments: