Saturday 9 August 2014

Saturday 9th August 2014

I hope you all enjoyed the previous post. I did enjoy writing it, my choosing the songs was difficult. As I said those are tunes that remind me of important times in my life, not my favourite songs of all time. For that there would have to be some Echo and the Bunnymen and Jesus and Mary Chain and other wonderful stuff.

Anyway, back to the ordinary blog, and back to Thursday.

Thursday.

I decided to head into the office, whilst the builders were going to batter the house for the last day. So, after dropping Jools off, I headed over to Ramsgate, arriving just in time to see the guys heading out to the linkspan to climb onto their boats for a day's work. I got much done, but would have got more if it not for the chatting. Now, normally, I like a good chat as much as the next guy, but when it goes on for an hour, and as i edge towards the door I still am forced to listen, well.

Anyway, enough of that.

The Port of Call, Market Square, Dover, Kent

At three, I head into town to meet with Jools as we have to go to the bank, so I drive into Dover, park by the Co-op, and wait for her to arrive. When I say wait for her to arrive, I mean wanter down Flying horse lane to snap the old cinema being demolished and then heading to the newest micropub in town, The Port of Call, to see how good the beer was. Good news is that the beer was good, and the pub is also good, as on hot days they can throw open all the doors on one saide facing the market square, allowing a cool breeze to blow through. Very nice.

The Port of Call, Market Square, Dover, Kent

After some onshore banking business, we head home along Reach Road, where the view over the Channel to France are stunning, thanks to a shower earlier in the day washing the dust from the atmosphere. Once home we find the guys have finished outside the house, the final part, repairing the kitchen window brickwork had been done, and that is it now until the new windows are done and can be fitted. Some three weeks of peace then.

Former Granada Cinema, Dover, Kent

And that is it for another day, the seat was moved back under the kitchen window, and as jools was meeting some friends for dinner, i stayed home, mopped the kitchen floor, played some kraftwerk very loud annoying the dog next door, apparently. Then sat on the bench watching the swallows doing aerobatics catching flies and insects as the light faded. Overhead the moon was well over half full, with the promise of a stunning moonrise on Sunday with super-duper moon or something.

There will be pictures of that, and other things of course.

No comments: