Saturday 30 August 2014

Saturday 30th August 2014

Friday.

With the wind blowing, or at least forecast to, there was little point in heading to the office in Ramsgate, as there would be no desk for me to work at. So, I settle down to work from home, counting the hours down until I can switch the computer off and relax for the weekend.

When I do, I head upstairs for a session on the cross-trainer, my second in two days, and this time it is more enjoyable, I even do an extra minute to the end of the song I was listening to.

Jools comes home and so we settle down to the dinner of champions, bangers and mash and beans, which seems pretty much perfect. We listen to the Lamaq show on the radio, grooving to tunes from the days of Peel; it would have been his 75th birthday on Sunday, but he was taken from us. So, we listen to many of the songs he helped us get to know.

Later in the evening, we have a dose of Monty, my first since before the China trip. His garden looks glorious, does he really do all the work at Longmeadow? We should be told. It is followed by another compilation of the Morecambe and Wise show, wonderful stuff and still funny.

So, a brief post today, I'll leave you with this:

No comments: