Saturday 15 November 2014

Saturday 15th November 2014

Friday.

Oh yes, our good friend Mr Friday, how have you been?

I may has said that yesterday too. Well, I like Fridays, last day of the working week and all that. Weekend comes soon after four in the afternoon, and it stretches before us like a huge uncharted island. Lovely.

I worked from home, whilst Jools took the car and headed to the factory in Hythe, some 18.3 miles away. I mention the distance because it doesn't seem that far normally, but in heavy traffic it can take a while, so Jools allows extra time for travel, and me more time on me tod with the cats.

As usual, work went tits up first thing, and I was fire fighting most of the day, but calm was restored by afternoon and I was able to turn the computer off by four and watch the sun go down outside, and then be reminded on a regular basis that I really should be feeding the cats by now.

Jools arrived home, we had pasta and some wine for dinner, and after channel surfing ended up watching a documentary about WWII in colour. It was rather good, and the war still has the power to shock some 70 years later with scenes of the Warsaw Ghetto and then the death caps. How pure the Nazi's evil was, and I wondered how they rationally came to the final solution and not one person, apparently, thought this was wrong. It still happened today, maybe not the death camps, but the demonising of a minority, making them seem less human, easy to report when there are deaths. All life is sacred and special, not just collateral damage.

That was Friday, all done, now bring on the weekend.....

No comments: