Saturday 28 March 2015

Saturday 28th March 2015

Friday.

Last day of the week, and I am back at home, sitting at the dining room table, with my work computer, answering e mails, as everything going Pete Tong around my ears.

Springtime in the garden

But I digress.

Have an Ace(r) Spring

Jools goes to work in the car, leaving me in the house with the cats and a pile of work to be getting on with. I have two meeting scheduled: the one I arranged had just the two of us turn up. We passed the time of day and all was well, but a bit pointless. The second one, more important, had just the three of us, and was also largely pointless. I am staggered. So, we went through nearly two hours of matters arising, with most of those responsible not being present. I would have been funny if not so important.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back Two more hours of mails, updating documents.

For lunch I defrost some pasta sauce which I think will do as thick soup, and I make a small loaf of spicy potato bread. Oh it was spicy, and mighty fine.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

At two, it was time to end for the weekend, pack my stuff away, strap on my walking boots as I have an appointment with the doctor regarding my allergy meds. The promise of the BBC that it would cloud over my mid afternoon had not happened, so, why not make the most of it and take the camera, like there was ever a chance I would ever go without.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

In the strong sunshine, the colours were so vibrant, but the fields around the house were still showing no growth, but elsewhere there was lush growth.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

Along the path to the pig's copse, which is still empty, still awaiting this year's piglets. Through the trees, I see the blue smudge, marking where the English Channel laid.

Turning right at Fleet House and down the dip, the colours were still so vibrant, and the clucking of the hens snoozing in the copse to the right.

At the bottom, the ground is almost dry, with just some sticky mud. I picked my way through and climbed up the other side, the sun not quite warm on my back though, so I was glad of the coat I decided to wear.....

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

All along the cycle path heading north, a great array of spring flowers were already waving in the gentle breeze, wild daffodils, primroses amongst many others.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

I take the path crossing the down at the usual place, giving fine views down to Kingsdown. But I wanted to get to the memorial, look down on the breaking waves below. I pause to look at the view, and yet more bouquets pf flowers marking the mourning of a lost loved one at the cliff's edge. I don't dwell, I turn and head across the fields towards the village, walking down Salisbury Road which comes out of at the surgery. I get my prescription, already the sun is getting low in the west, so I redouble my efforts to head for home.

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

One last task is to call in at the village library to drop some of Jools' books off, then head down the narrow path, past the farm at the bottom of the dip and up the other side, just a short walk along the street from home. Once inside, the cats are waiting, being four, only an hour to dinner time, so how about it big boy?

Friday afternoon walk to the cliffs, doctors. And back

Jools comes home, we have a coffee. She is meeting friends from the LFB in the evening, as more friends are leaving the factory as another round of sackings are under way. It was bound to be an awkward night for all concerned. Which means I am home alone. I have defrosted some kofte kebabs, I part boil some potatoes, then fry them up. The kebabs are shallow fried, nice dirty food. With Fleetwood Mac playing softly in the background, I eat my dinner, before it is time to sit down and watch the latest match on England's Euro 16 qualifying. England have won all 5 previous games so fat, and a game against Lithuania wasn't going to be a real test. It was a poor game, England scored early and were never really tested, running out 4-0 winners, with the latest wunderkind, Harry Kane scoring on his debut with his 3rd touch. Cue massive over-reaction.

The football means no Don, but there is promise of the repeat on Saturday evening. Be still my beating heart.

No comments: