Tuesday 10 March 2015

Tuesday 10th March 2015

Monday

The alarm went off at quarter to six, but what is this, I can lay in bed listening to the radio, on how it was only fair and right the powerful should pay less tax and the poor should be investigated to claiming too much in benefits. Not much has changed in the past three months then, the Tories still blaming the poor, the sick, the disabled and elderly for the economy's problems, and lying about how in control they are of the national debt, oh yes by increasing it from £760 billion (2010). He has "reduced" it to £1260 billion (2014). Not bad going for someone who is not good with numbers eh, Gideon?

But I digress.

Yes, on this fine Monday morning, I am not travelling, I am working from home. And in fact I am not travelling anywhere all week, except to Ramsgate one day to battle the evil that are travel expenses. Jools leaves just before seven leaving me with the house and the cats. I make another coffee. Have breakfast. Stare at the work's computer and switch it on. A few mails have arrived over the weekend, but not much to worry about.

More coffee.

The days passes from moring into afternoon. I update some paperwork, file away reports in folders, all important stuff, I am sure that someone will read them. One day.

I cook pancakes for lunch, because, because I can. Hmmm, pancakes, with lemon and sugar. Lovely. I have just two, and it was lovely.

More coffee.

And tea.

The afternoon passes.

Jools comes home at half five, as the traffic was light, and so we sit down to dinner of œufs d'Écosse and homemade pasta salad. Followed by another big slice of cheesecake. Oh man, this is living alright.

AND there is football on TV for the evening, so whilst Jools shops for beads on the interwebs, I watch as Arse beat Man Utd 2-1 in The Cup.

After that very hard day, I really deserved a good night's sleep.

Good night.

No comments: