Saturday 14 May 2022

Friday 13th May 2022

It was well into the evening, and something John said, that I realised it was Friday the 13th: is this no longer a thing now, or have other things in real life made it seem so tame?

I don't know.

Whatever, it was back to work for me, catch up with mails and have some training.

And as a bonus, it was a bank holiday in DK, so no meetings or calls as the whole country was down the pub, or something.

So I can concentrate on my procrastinaton without interruption.

I do my working hours, now more complicated as I have been assigned to a "project". And then book a night at a hotel near the airport on Sunday, ignoring the expenses that the computer keeps telling me I am oversure in assigning.

And then 90 minutes of training in the thing I am supposed to be an expert in. I won't explain, but it's mad, obviously. So, I am trained, or the guys go through the training, I ask questions, so I get some degree of clarity.

I have another procedure to update, which I rattle through what I could and send that off.

Actually busy.

On the armourer's website, it seems there is some kind of veteran's parade for the Queen's 70th Jubilee, and some of those selected want armour's ties, I say I have a spare, so I said I'll send it in the mail. And due to the crazy postal pricing, its best to walk to the post office to get it weighed, so to get the postage right.

One hundred and thirty three Anyway, its a fne day, perfect for a wander down and up Station Road into the village. I don't take the "big" camera, just the compact, and have a pleasant walk. After posing the tie, I call in the shop for an ice cream, and then sit on the bench judging people's parking.

Then walk back home up the big hill.

No new mails, and as I am losing several hours of my weekend to travel for work, I tell myself to take the rest of the afternoon off. I am a good boss to myself.

Jools comes home, we have a brew, and while away the afternoon until 6 when its music quiz time. I do poorly, and I can't even remember who it was to be honest.

Poor showing.

Off to Jen's for supper and cards. She has done crispy chicken portions and chips. And wine.

It was good.

And theneyes down for cards, with high stakes of 30p at stake, the hour rattles past.

Jools wins.

Next game, John scoops the jackpot. Again.

And due to other stuff, that will be the last Friday cards night until August.

No comments: