Tuesday 10 May 2022

Monday 9th May 2022

Turns out my body was telling me something. And that something was to take it easy.

My shoulder ached.

My back ached.

My legs ached.

I ached. All over.

So, I said to my achey bits, I would not go out all day, except to fill up the feeders and maybe take some rubbish out.

Two for joy So, we had an agreement.

Jools was up and out before six, heading to the pool to do 30 lengths, and I had a loaf of bread to make so I had something for me lunch.

I made another double loaf, on a tray, with seeds. I left it to rise, and the moster rose up.

What can I say about work that hasn't already been said? Well, it pays the bills, and I can talk to my friends. Which is something.

Through the mist I do have travel to rearrange, as my soon to be ex-boss has arranged a team event, so I had to cancel my hotels and rebook new ones.

That done it was back to my new procedure which is coming along. Slowly.

After a couple of hours rising, I put the loaf nto bake, and soon I had a small mountain turning golden brown. All I had to do was wait for it to cool once baked, so I could cut a slice and smother it in butter and apricot jam.

That is one of the real pleasures in life; the contrast between the crust and softness inside, and then the coolness of the butter and warmth of the bread.

Nonmnomnom.

I eat a slice with a brew.

And repeat.

That was better.

And back to work.

Time crawled.

Slowly.

But at three, I was done for the day, and if anything my back hurt even more, there was only one thing that would help: a really strong cup of tea.

One hundred and twenty nine I packed the office away, and prepared insalata caprese to go with the fresh bread.

And that was it for the day, really.

Jools came home, we ate, cleared up after washing up. Made a coffee and finished a small bar of chocolate between us.

There was play-off football to watch, Sheffield Wednesday v Sunderland. Was a nervy game, with the Owls taking the lead early in the second half. 1-1 over the two legs, then seve minutes from time, Sunderland scored the winner. I knew they would, as I heard Steve next door cheer loudly and run round his living room as their feed of the game was about 45 seconds ahead of us.

There was another cheer at full time. And 45 seconds later, I saw the game end too.

No comments: