Friday 6 May 2022

Thursday 5th May 2022

Thursday.

Even for a four day week, this is dragging.

Jools wakes me up to let me know she's going swimming, and my shoulder and back check in to let me know they still ache.

Nice one, boys.

I get up and have a coffee, catch up on world events. Have another coffee, and feel just about ready to face what the world will throw at me.

A gentle walk Work is yet more Townhall Meetings, now the 1st quarter results are in. And the conditions are challenging to say the least.

I have breakfast while the CEO speaks and passes the mic over to others as they tell us how challenging things are too.

A gentle walk So, I felt challenged.

Outside it was a fine day, and bad back or not, I was going out at some point.

So, after lunch of more fishcakes and stir fry, I take my camera for a walk to the end of our street, then up Station Road to the top of the down.

A gentle walk I mean, it looked warm, the sun was warm, but the breeze was proper cold. Glad I had my fleece on to be honest.

A gentle walk I was on the look for butterflies, but the cool wind meant that few were about. I saw a couple of either female Orange Tips or Brimstones, but that was it.

I ambled to the start of the wood, then along to the farm before turning for home, then doubling back along the edge of the large paddocks with its indifferent horses and ponies. I am glanced at, but eating grass was clearly more interesting.

A gentle walk So, back up to Collingwood, and a dog walker asked me what I was looking for, so I told him my main target was Dense-flowered Fumitory, which is something of a stronghold in our village, but where I saw it last year, there was no sign.

A gentle walk But on our street, just 50m from home, I see the familiar shape, but it turns out it wasn't Desne-flowered, just Common.

One hundred and twenty five Still a fine looking plant, so I snap it anyway.

Not much going on at work, but I get down to my process, which is losing focus, a bit, but I am in a position to send if off for some comments, which weren't too complementary, but that's a story for Friday.

Dinner was breaded aubergine, our old favourite, so I peel, slice, salt, egg and breadcrumb it, then wait for Jools to return home, through the bad traffic that appeared during the day.

Once she was home, I fry the vegetable slices, Jools pours the wine, and another day is done.

Although the footbal season ended for Leagues 1 and 2, there are play-off now, so I was entertained by Wycombe v Milton Keynes until bed time.

No comments: