Saturday 7 May 2022

Friday 6th May 2022

A phone call late in thernoon brough news of changes at work, which is probably years overdue. There will be monthly progress and update meetings, and an interview when we have our team event in week 20.

By then, I have to say that my enthusiasm had been killed, hung, drawn, quartered, buried, dug up, reburied, and a troop of apes danced on its sorry remains.

I felt the cloud of depression closing in. But we have the wekened first, and at two, let the staring into space begin.

A trick as I stare into speace whe at work too.

Jools went to yoga at six, leaving me to put the bins out, top up the birdfeeders and make more coffee.

Ready for work.

Just.

Work ticks through the day. I do the end of week admin. And there are meetings. Always meetings.

The COO townhall.

And then two long phone calls and the day had slipped through my fingers.

I switch the computer off, and Jools returns home from Tesco and work, so we put the shopping away then sit in the garden to eat peanut butter crunch ice creams.

One hundred and twenty six I could hear my Dad asking: "where do you think you are, on your Father's yacht?2 Still no idea what he meant, but I am living the dream, out of work at least.

I make coffee now that the shopping is done, we ran out at breakfast. Lucky I didn't kill anyone, not that there's anyone around during the work day to murder, but still.

The lawnmeadow in early May We were to have a Chinese at Jen's, so no snacking for us, so by the music quiz at six I was very hungry.

I failed to guess, assuming that Bob Dylan would have been too obvious. It was Bob Dylan.

We drove to Jen's, thinking the meal would be delivered before seven. Just as well as we were hungry.

No food came.

Jools called and she was assured the meals had just left the shop.

Half an hour later: no food.

Jools called again and was told that the new girl had written 19:45 not 18:45 on the order, so will be "in half an hour"

It was 45 minutes.

But when it came, it was good, and too much for three to eat it all. And too late to play cards as it was half eight by the time we finished washing up.

Jools drives us home.

Full and tired.

No comments: