Thursday 5 May 2022

Wednesday 4th May 2022

AKA Star Wars Day.

Make it so.

I woke up after a good night's sleep despite my shoulder and back competing for which body part hurt the most.

I wasn't in a good mood.

Outside it was cloudy, with the promise of rain in the very near future. Jools went swimming, so I listened to a podcast while I listened to a podcast. I put out bird food, and soon after the rain started.

It rained on and off all day, so dark at times I had to put the table lamp back on.

And so, to work.

Yeah. I am feeling better about work in general, but its the details, really. I put an ice pack on my back and log on. There is the quarterly townhall from the grande fromage, and he says some of the things I have been saying to my boss for months. And that cheers me up a bit.

One hundred and twenty four The day meanders on. I have breakfast, and then lunch of fishcakes and stir fry, as we have overbought the vegetables. It makes a change, and I eat smoked haddock fishcakes. Yummy.

I resist wine.

Just.

The morning turns into the afternoon, and with the radi playing, I plod on with work.

Meanwhile, outside rain falls steadily, the kind of rain gardeners like, as it soaks in. It'll do le jardin bon.

Dinner is to be pan fried asparagus followed by insalata caprese. I make a small focaccia to have with it. I season it with balsamic flavoured seasalt and pepper. It is magnificent and light.

Focaccia Jools comes home, we eat and both have wine.

Cheers.

There is football to listen to, rather than watch. Citeh away at Real, and hanging on to a 4-3 lead. Going into the last 15 minutes, Citeh score and are leading 5-3, and that shoule be it. But Real score two in the last 5 minutes, and it is going to extra time. But its ten in the evening.

I go to bed with the score tied.

No comments: