Saturday 31 December 2022

Friday 30th December 2022

The year is going out with a blow!

Fnar!

Gales and heavy rain, 36 hours of them, well into New Year's Eve. So not much chance of going out.

We slept in late, until nearly eight. Outside it was ight. Windy and wet.

The cats complained. Cleo especially as she only now goes out of the front door when dark, and the wind and rain blew in. She went out the back door, and 20 seconds later was back in. Complaining. But she is bright-eyed, bushy-tailed and drop dead gorgeous. Rolling on her back whilst licking her paws, or sitting on the stairs, looking at me, prepairing reports for Cat Control Central (CCC).

Three hundred and sixty four Or something.

We had fruit for breakfast. More coffee.

I put the bird seed out, and then it was waiting until it was time to cook lunch. A second roast, made with leftover beef, stuffing and yorkshire puddings, fresh steamed vegetables, roast potatoes and reheated gravy.

And fizz.

We eat at half one, finish by two, and then try to stay awake though the afternoon. I watch some more walking in Wales documentaries until it was quarter to six, and time for the music quiz.

Last one of the year, and one of the other guys is so far ahead, this week was just for fun as I can't be caught.

Ten pictures, no words, no clues. Some with rather cryptic links to the identity of a band or artist.

First picture is of a sun rise. I send in my answer as George Harrison. (Here comes the Sun). And sit back to see if I was right. THese guesses never work.

9th clue was a garden gnome, and I am pretty sure I was right. But the reveal would tell.

Mark says that there were several early guesses, all wrong. He read out the names of the 11 out of the 70 plus people who took part, who had got it right. My friend Chcuk in Atlanta came third, but wining was indeed, Jelltex.

I won nothing, but just the glory of a lucky guess.

Cheese and wine for supper. We are now 50% cheese, it seems.

And football on the tellybox.

Tomorrow, last day of the year.

No comments: