Tuesday 20 December 2022

Monday 19th December 2022

Back to work. If only for two days.

And if to add excitement to our day, our alarm did not go off and we laid in until twent to seven.

EEEK!

We leapt out of bed, scrambling to get things done before Jools had to leave in half an hour, and I should start work at seven, which wasn't going to happen. And I decided that as I was going to audit a site in the UK, for once I would work UK hours, 8 to 4. Then at half seven tought etter of it and logged on anyway.

Three hundred and fifty three Outside the rain still fell and the wind blew, so I knuckled down to what was my final audit of the year, with the office in Warrington.

The morning flew by, I squeezed in breaks for breakfast and lunch, as well as having regular brews.

We finish well before three, but outside it was blowing a gale, and despite being warm enough, my legs told me that we would not be going out for a walk. And there was no world cup to look forward to in the evening!

What would I find to fill the evening with?

Football League, of course.

Dinner was to be the old dependable, chorizo hash, so once I had packed away the office, I cut potatoes into cubes and set them to boil.

All was done for when Jools arrived back, just browing the fried and boiled potatoes so they were extra crispy. I pour the latest Belgian Christmas beer, and toast Jools who was drinking squash.

Corsendonk Christmas So, a quiet evenin listening to the first of the "best of the year" shows on the radio, and watching, or half watching Wigan v Sheffield Utd. I give up at half time with the Blades 1-0, and well in contro. They go on to win 2-1, but I was well asleep by then.

No comments: