Thursday 8 December 2022

Wednesday 7th December 2022

Middle of the week.

I am very lucky in that I am not under much stress at work, so despite not really wanting to go to work, not because of workload, just because I'm a workshy shyster.

Were I making a difference, the pressure do that would be significant, but as we're not, really, if the company isn't worried, then I won't be either.

So, there we have it.

If I thought it was going to be like this for the next two and a half years, then I probably would give up, but there is hope. Always hope, even if it is the hope that gets you.

Three hundred and forty one But onwards and upwards.

As Delia would say.

It was to be a cold, but sunny day, so a walk was a possibility, doubly so if the ear pods I ordered were delivered.

He shall have music wherever he goes Jools was gone to work by ten to seven, I set up the office, and log on.

Here we go.

And really, there's much not to report really. I stop for breakfast and for lunch there was leftover mash and two bangers, which I fry in butter so they are both perfect and crispy. A fried egg would have gone perfect, but I have given up on them due to being intollerant of the runny yolks.

He shall have music wherever he goes I make do with a brew.

The package did arrive in time. I checked the pods were charged. They were. So, once three had passed, I put on my jumper, coat, boots and synced the pods to the phone. I put them in, then tried to work out how to access music. A big cleft icon gave it away. After two minutes.

He shall have music wherever he goes I press play, and Romeo and Juliet by Dire Straits starts.

I don't go far, up the track at the end of the street, and back along Hardy Road, all the time it felt that the pods were going to fall out. But the music was good, and very clear.

He shall have music wherever he goes There was a grand sunset, which I snapped before walking back down Station Road to home.

It was getting really chilly, so I put the badger food out, come inside, take my shoes and socks off. I'm not going out again.

Dinner was easy peasy pizza warmed in the oven, and no distractions as there was no football for 48 hours. WTF.

We both had booze.

We toasted.

And tucked in. Despite not really doing that much, we go to bed before eight. Jools is soon away, but I read a bit.

No comments: