Monday 24 September 2018

Sunday 23rd September 2018

At some point between one and two in the morning, the autumn equinox occur, so nights are now longer than days.

As if to emphasise the point, Sunday was a grim day.

Rain had started falling during the night, and continued for most of the day, sometimes the sky so dark it seemed night had arrived early.

There was little point in going out or doing anything outside, though Jools did go to the shed to pot up some bulbs, while I watched football highlights, a task that took nearly two hours.

Two hundred and sixty five Outside the rain hammered down, and all I could think of was how great it all was, as I could go out and scarify the lawn once it stopped, then show the Yellow Rattle and wildflower mis I had bought.

I may have even rubbed my hands together.

Football was more enjoyable as I really didn't know many of the scores, and certainly not the stories behind them, so almost like an episode of The Likely Lads......

We have insalata for lunch, I don't have wine, but beer. Even still, once the football began on the radio in the afternoon, I was laying on the sofa trying, and failing, to stay awake. It wasn't helped by a goalless draw between Wet Sham and Chelski. The Arse won the second game, beating Everton 2-0, by which time it was time to eat again, so I cooked shoarma.

Outside the rain had stopped, the clouds cleared and warm, golden sunshine came out. Too late to do much to be honest, but there is to be four days of this to come, plenty of time to get out and about.

Not much else to tell, it got dark, Jools watched Breaking bad and I watched Antiques Roadshow.

Until it was time for bed....

Another weekend gone.

No comments: