After two early mornings in three days getting up at ten past five, to be able to lay in is a real luxury.
Of course it is my choice to go to the gym at six, but it works for me, and gets me down there, pumping lard.
I wake up as Jools was leaving for her yoga class, so I get up, make a coffee, and after drinking it put the bins out.
I put the new bird feeders out I bought. Did you know its possible to spend upwards of £60 on a single bird feeder?
Bugger that, I spent nineteen quid and bought three, and a block of seed encrusted fat. So put those out, and within half an hour a Great tit was chirping about how great it was.
Job done.
Jools comes back. We have breakfast, and then she's off again, off to knit and natter, collecting her group of old ladies on the way to the library.
I stay at home and re-read Jon's book on orchids, sitting outside on the patio as the clouds clear and the sun comes out.
For the afternoon there is more cycling from Spain, four hours of it. I take up position on the sofa with Scully and the afternoon slips by.
There was no quiz, due to summer holidays, so we have dinner of fish cakes and Boston beans, the last tub of them, so ingredients were added to tomorrow's shopping list.
After watching the football, the full moon shone low over the southern horizon, so I take a shot of it and the shelter lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment