Friday, 21 August 2026

Thursday 20th August 2026

It's nearing the end of another week, and being Thursday, it was a phys day.

I was first up for a change, so got up, tested and jabbed Scully, fed her and the rest of the cats, before making drinks.

Two hundred and thirty one Phew.

Outside, the fire smouldered on, not as bad, but still going strong some 36 hours after it started.

Or was started.

Jools was up too, dressed, so after drinking our brews, we were out.

Although it felt fresher out, inside the gym it was still humid, and the workout reached thirty five minutes before calling it a day.

On the way home we filled the car up, the first time since we got back from France, then home for breakfast and another brew.

There is more than enough time for a shower and shave in the morning, then think about doing the other three windowsills upstairs.

I handbag that until the afternoon, and when Jools was out get the fungicide out and brush it one, then wipe off, all ready for some painting action either Friday or Saturday.

There's not much else to say about the afternoon, just lollygagging about until it was time for dinner: half a pizza each and a slice of poor cheesecake.

I even end up going to bed at eight, and while Jools watched a film, I fell asleep and heard nothing for ten hours.

No comments: