Saturday, 3 October 2026

Friday 2nd October 2026

Hey, hey it's Friday again.

And for the nth day in a row, I was awake well before five, laying in bed waiting.

For Godot.

An easy morning anyway, as Jools does yoga, and I have to put my trousers on and walk down the stairs without incident.

Two hundred and seventy five Which I do.

Coffee is drunk. Bins are put out, and that is it for the important tasks.

Heading to Europe The farmer is harrowing the fields, so there are hundreds of gulls on the wing and squawking about it. It is another glorious autumn day at Chez Jelltex, though across France and Europe, its another day when the October temperature records will be broken. Some parts of France it will be 33 degrees.

Gulls We were given a "midweek roast" by the butcher months back for supplying them with Ramsons, so it was about time I used it, and as we had veg left over from Sunday, and gravy, during the day I mixed the batter for Yorkshire puddings, peeled and sliced the spuds for roasts.

I read through the morning and afternoon, the book about Churchcrawling, though its more a history of English churches in general, and includes some I have visited, including a few in Kent.

After boiling and draining, the potatoes are put into roast at three, basting every half hour or so with duck fat.

Meat in at four, then the Yorkshires, so all done with the vegetables at ten past five. Pink fizz is poured, and we sit down to a fine meal, the potatoes were extra crispy and golden, and the puddings light like Nun's farts.

"Midweek roast" I tried to watch the Northern Ireland game in the evening. The were leading Ukraine 2-0 at half time, but bed called.

So I went up. Good night sweetheart.

No comments: