Friday, 9 October 2026

Wednesday 7th October 2026

Wednesday.

And rain.

Though, once I had woken up by half six, and got up, the rain had not arrived.

In fact it was quite bright, or was by seven once the sun actually rose.

Jools didn't go to her early class once again, so we could have a very chilled start to the day.

Once she left to pick up Jill, so I was alone, I dashed round the garden taking snaps, so to have something for shot of the day, the 3,567th shot of the day, since the beginning of January 2017.

Two hundred and eighty And I thought that the first yard was hard, this is the tenth year!

The garden is still a riot of colour, marigolds are back in flower, as is both the lavender and passion fruit. The latter a thug that no matter how hard we try, can't be killed.

Marigolds By mid-morning the rain arrived, and on Chez Jelltex it did fall.

Not much to say about what else we did for the rest of the day. Listened to pods, drank coffee and watched the raindrops run down the windows.

Everlasting Passion flower In fact it got so chilly, be broke and put the heating on, just to pump the heating round, and make the house warmer.

The cats will just have to get used to having the windows closed, so all four will have to use the single cat flap.

I'm sure they'll work it out just fine.

Supper was doritos with fresh salsa verde and sour cream, which was pretty darn good. Jen keeps giving us the green tomatoes a neighbour of hers leaves on her door handle.

But it is now two whole days before club football returns, two whole evenings without it, and no internationals either, just the debate about Citeh to pass the long, dull hours.

Heck, I even go to bed at eight, try to read but get tied. I'm sound by nine.

No comments: