Wednesday 19 August 2009

Half past week.

Well, it's Wednesday afternoon, I am halfway through the hours at work, two more nights to go, and then the weekend. And back onto days next week.
I may only have another two weeks at work, so trying to make the most of it, the money at least.

When the bell goes at six in the morning; that's a great feeling and we walk into the cool morning air. I climb into the car, crank the heating up as I pull away, and drive through the almost empty streets of the town.

These mornings, the sun is rising over the castle as I head up the cliffs towards home, and the channel is pink with France lost in the mist, also pink. It is a real pleasure to see these things. This morning there was traces of mist clearing too, the fields are pretty much harvested, but the hedgerows are full of ripening fruit and berries. We have plans for trips out to collect blackberries and plums.

We made courgette chutney at the weekend; another triumph it has to be said. Our pumpkins are ripening, as too is our corn.

We have a rather exciting weekend planned, if the weather holds up; but I won't spoil that right now.

Mother is coming to stay next week. Well, not stay as she feels she won't be able to climb the stairs, she's booked into a hotel down in the town. But it being my birthday next week we thought we should invite her. Hopefully I get next Friday off as the factory is not producing so to make it a long weekend with the following bank holiday Monday; fingers crossed on that.

The answer to last week's pop quiz was indeed When love Breaks Down by Prefab Sprout; well done if you got that. And with that I now realise that people are reading this, not just me writing for myself and the fun of it. Sorry if I don't know you all, but thanks for looking in and hope you enjoy what I write.

Today is hot, well, hot for England; and we live on the coast. The cats are laid out under bushes in the back garden trying to keep cool. At least the house is shady and with a breeze blowing through is cool enough for me to sleep. And work is fine during the night.

I'll leave you with a picture of me from last weekend, taken outside Rochester Castle. enjoy your week and I'll see you at the weekend, beers are on me.

me and the castle

No comments: