Tuesday 4 August 2009

Radio Blah Blah

And so I have now done two days work at the box factory. It's not too bad, and it's quite easy to get back into the factory way of life. The one downside is the fact they have the radio on at various times throughout the day, and it's tuned into some local commercial station that is trapped in some kind of 80s warp.

I half expect Simon Bates or ooh Gary Davis to come on between the 'hits'.

I guess it's inoffensive stuff, but mind-numbing. And of course there there has to be now, by law, one Michael Jackson song per hour, and time checks and then some Duran Duran or something worse.

It is something of a relief to be so busy so not to have to listen to it.

As for work, it's fine. I am learning the ropes and being something of a figure of interest as quite how I got the job, and certainly yesterday I could feel dozens of pairs of eyes in the back of my head. But, I'm fine with that now, and I think it's settling down.

There is more to boxes than you might think, although it does get a bit repetitive after a while, but it does pay the bills of course, and keeps me off the streets.

Tomorrow is a new day, and it may involve boxes at some point.

No comments: