Monday 3 August 2009

My Love and I are boxing Clever

Extra points if you can name the song the above line is taking from?

And so, today, I began working for the first time since the beginning of may. And so this morning Jools and I set off for work together this morning, to the same place. It felt odd for sure, but I think it worked.

So for nine hours I walked around the factory checking on boxes. And more boxes. There is, of course, much more to it than that. But when you boiled it down, it's boxes.

Being an agency worker, starting what is seemed as a plumb job drew envious glares from those on packing, wrapping, up and down machines. And with my mentor, Pete, we did our job and the day flew by.

And come half five Jools and I drove back and talked boxes. And on our arrival home we both did stuff, fed the cats prepared dinner, and within 40 minutes we were sitting down to Chorizo Hash and some wine; it worked, and if this is how it's going to be, then it works.

Although the day was sunny, and I thought of pictures I could be taking, I think on reflection, I would rather have been working.

Now I'm dreaming of the weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When Love Breaks Down