Wednesday 18 November 2009

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I have been told, again, that my time at the factory may be coming to an end. I have been given until the end of next week in the QA dept, after that, who knows? I have an interview tomorrow for a job on the production line; it's not the job I have been hoping for, but it would be a job, and would mean that we would not need another car to go to different places of work.

So, maybe tomorrow I may be asked as to why I want to work with boxes, I may have an answer for them. I hope so. So many other people who have worked there all summer are going for the one job; should I get it? At least that is not my decision. I can offer them all sorts of skills; maybe they'll see that and give me a chance.

There would be other choices, at the moment I can't see them; but out of the blue the other day, I got a phone message offering me the possibility of a job back offshore; that fell through, but it shows that that industry is coming out of a very slack period, if I want to do that.

I have gotten used to working at the factory, and have made some friends and actually enjoy going into work each morning; I've not felt that for some time.

We'll see how things pan out; either I'll get the job, or not.

No comments: