Wednesday 25 November 2009

You keep me hanging on

Jools has pointed out that many of my blog titles are also record titles, and who am I to disappoint?

I was told by my boss/sister-in-law that I have a two day reprieve and will have a job now until Tuesday evening at least. There is no chance of a post for me in the QA dept, which is a shame. In truth work has fallen right off to be honest, and today I had an hour with nothing to fill other than to do some internetting, and so I knew this time was coming.
I am still waiting to hear about the job which I had the interview for. I don't know if I'll get it, I live in hope, and to be honest even a job that pays minimum is better than claiming the dole. And I do enjoy working there, honest.

Other than that, life goes on; we get up, go to work, work, come home have dinner and go to bed. And then the weekend arrives and time flies by and next thing it's monday again.
Special thoughts to my oldest online friend, Dawn, who is going to lose her job after voters in her town decided to not pay more in taxes than have libraries, or have less anyway. Every day I hope that I will read in her blog that the local council in Colorado has changed it's mind, but apparently not. The short-sightedness and political dogma showed in this is just shocking.

And here in Britain, the 5th inquiry into the Iraqi invasion and war began yesterday, and we live in hope that this will not end in another whitewash and that our glorious ex-leader will be brought to book for lying to parliament and the British people.

We're not holding our breath.

No comments: