Friday 20 November 2009

We have ways of making you talk

So, I had the interview.

They asked me what my last job was; I replied that I was a geophysical engineer. Or was. And then, of course, spend 5 minutes describing what it was I actually did. Their glazed looks showed they were impressed. Or bored.

Why did I leave my last job? Easy, company went bust; there's a lot of it around.

And why did I want a job on minimum wage in the factory? I think I answered that ok; I don't like going to sea.

So now the waiting begins. Oh well.

At least it's the weekend and i can forget about boxes and the stuff for a couple of day. I know that many people have it worse than me, us, and we still have options and choices.

The wind will bow again and rain will fall; another wonderful autumnal stormy weekend, hopefully with more looking at rough seas and crashing waves. Maybe taking in a local football game tomorrow afternoon if the weather stays calm and dry.

No comments: