Tuesday 10 November 2009

The Uncertainty Principle

It is Tuesday evening, and as far as I know I will lose my job on Friday. At the moment I am covering for Pete's week on holiday, and when he comes back on Monday I will be surplus to requirements.
It is hard not to think of this as I do my rounds daily, and what is going to happen next. I have applied for a couple of permanent jobs there, but I am fairly sure they won't offer me either, I'm not experienced enough to be a 'team leader' or have not done box making as such.
So, I am working the week out and getting the job done in a professional manner as possible and still they seem to be pleased with my work; and in truth I do like it there, although the job can be a pain at times, negotiating problems out when not everything is black and white, but I have made friends and manage to have a few good conversations as I walk round the factory doing my inspections.

Jools is looking after Nan this week; she is having to stay at her Father's house, as Nan staying here is a non-starter; and so once Jools has eaten, she leaves and it's just me an them cats.

Talking of which, them sleeping on the bed is not going to happen after last night; meows, purrs, my nose being licked, Sulu being sick, some poor animal's kidney just outside the bathroom, and all of them being hungry from about half past midnight. And I need my sleep, and so I will be going to bed, alone!

No comments: