Wednesday 18 November 2009

'Tis the season

As I have mentioned before, they do have a radio station piped in at work; I believe it's called Heart FM, and it is rubbish. They have such a narrow range of music programed, it almost wants me to scream when Simply Red or Michael bloody Jackson comes on again. I have heard more Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran, Take That and the such to last me a lifetime.
However, Monday November 16th was declared the first day of Christmas apparently. As we walked into the factory, The Fairytale of New York was blearing out. Now, in my mond that is the second best Christmas song of all time, but hearing it in November is a little surreal to say the least.
And since then we have had a yuletide hot on the hour, every hour, or so it seems. Not many people at work seem to like this, so I adopt my best Santa voice and go 'Ho, ho, ho, Merry Christmas!' Usually met with quite a rude response.

This, in my mind, is the best Christmas pop song of all time.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyEztz6nY9Q

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Pretty good Christmas pop song, definitely in my top 3. This one is my favorite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7AKSn9bjuk

She has such a powerful voice, and you got to love any song when there's a french horn in it....