Tuesday 19 January 2010

More trials for Jelltex

So, Tuesday. That must mean it's time to register with another job agency! It makes me wonder how there is enough work to go round to make all these places profitable, but clearly there is.
Anyway, I drive over to Folkestone to fill in another ream of paperwork, and answer so very simple questions as so ascertain my understanding of the English language, and then stand like an expectant schoolboy as the girl, just out of school, checks my answers.

And I pass.

The good news is there might be a job, a temporary job, driving a fork lift down Dover docks, starting next Monday. I have heard these promises from agencies before, so we will see.

I still have heard nothing from BAE, working in the middle east; not my choice of jobs, but needs must. That they haven't answered one e mail of mine is a concern, but we shall see.

2 comments:

Fugu said...

Good luck with the fork lift job. That could be an interesting number.

Unknown said...

Hi there, are you the guy who took the photo of the Eurostar on the Medway Bridge on Flickr, pls get in touch modern.railways@googlemail.com I wd like a hi-res