Thursday 21 January 2010

Thursday. Same as Wednesday.

You get the picture?

And so, here I am, having pretty much exhausted job searching online, checking, re-checking sites, applying for jobs that I'm either hopelessly under or over-qualified to do. But I keep going because I have to.

Today I went to a presentation at the cruise terminal for casual summer workers; the jobs don't sound too bad and there should be plenty of work between April and September. But that is two months away, or more.

I have yet more paperwork to fill in, references to get, and all the other stuff that goes with applying for a job, only this is not permanent. Just give me the chance and I will do it, people!

The days are beginning to merge into one. At times I am hopeful, at other times I am down; it's the way things are. Applications for jobs which I called for, fail to arrive, and it all adds to the gloom. Even if it was a job I probably couldn't have done anyway.

So, the weekend is coming up, and i hope to head to London for a demonstration in Trafalgar Square against the use, by the police, of section 44 of the new anti-terrorism laws against photographers. Fight now or we will lose all our rights.

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/showPage.html?page=872852

I will also take the time to snap some other places, maybe the British Museum, as thr atrium is very photogenic. And then, who knows?

And Sunday I should be meeting with another flickrite out in the Kentish countryside to discuss photography over a pint or two of ale.


Fingers crossed on something turning up, folks. Thanks for your support.

1 comment:

jelltex said...

The truth is, I feel really enthused about today; I did something positive about finding a job, and it felt good. Even if it don't come to anything, I aint giving up. Yet.

Still life in the old dog!