Friday 19 February 2010

Friday 19th February 2010

Howdy.

So, here I am, no sniff of a job. Just waiting to hear from the places I have applied to. I should have been going to Leeds Castle today, but the group I was going to meet cancelled last night because of family problems. And so, rather than do double the miles in our car, I am staying at home for the day. Again.

Fridays are not so bad, I know I have Jools with me the next couple of days, we will go walking tomorrow, and visit friends for dinner. And first of all we have to go to Tesco, should be empty at half seven when we go shopping. That even the most basic weeks shopping now costs £70. Life is getting ridiculous to be honest.

So, I am listening to the radio, Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode are on at two talking about the week's new films and stuff. All very entertaining. Outside the weather failed to turn sunny after all, and so once again the forecasted sunshine failed to turn up; so maybe better we did not to the castle.

Last night it was camera club in Dover. I am really struggling to work up enthusiasm to go each week. In fact this is the first time I have been for a month. There was a print competition to be judged, and then a slide show that was promised to be at least an hour long.
After the judging dragged on for an hour and a half, I left during the break otherwise I would not have been home until eleven. My friend, gary, said the slides were poor and no one was happy with the late finish. The print competition had ony a few outstanding images, sadly, I did not enter, but these are always interesting to see if the judge thinks as I do.

Anyway, the weekend is here, almost.

No comments: