Tuesday 9 February 2010

Superbowl Sunday

Howdy again.

Well, welcome to Tuesday, market day in Kings Lynn. If you don't know where Kings Lynn is, let me tell you; it's a market town on the edge of Norfolk, just before you get to Lincolnshire, and is the back of beyond. This has nothing to do with this blog or anything that has happened in my life, and I include it for your information only. The market takes place on the Tuesday Market Place, you really can't miss it.

So, back to Tuesday: it is a cold and grey day outside, I have put a load of washing in the machine, and that is doing its thing. I am saving up the sorting out of the tumbled dry stuff already done as I don't really want to peak too early today!
I guess the reality of once again not working has hit home, nothing to get up for, with nothing of much interest to fill the day. Later this week I have an interview with Dover Harbour Board about seasonal working at the cruise terminal, and going to the Job Centre on the same day too.

Yesterday I was very tired after sitting up to nearly four watching the Superbowl; it's one of the bonuses not having a job. And then just kinda drifted through the day, and the only productive thing I did was to fill out timesheets for the last two weeks as so I'd get paid for the work I did. And then walk to the post office to get the letter weighed, as mail now is priced so very differently, and getting the postage wrong means the mail not getting through. So, 63 pence for a simple A4 letter, still not bad, I guess. And I get to walk through a sleet blizzard both ways too! This weather is just great. And once back, sit on the sofa and watch the weather whilst holding a cup of coffee with a cat on my lap.

Sunday was also grey and cold. We did go out, just in the car to Ramsgate to look at the barge in the harbour which was loading legs for wind turbines. I took shots, but the light was so flat so to make the shots look really flat.
We then drove through Broadstairs and on to Margate, nothing quite like a British seaside resort out of season that captures that grimness! We find a place to park and have a coffee and a panini in an Italian coffee shop, whilst looking at locals wrapped up against the cold hurry past the window.
They are building an art gallery in Margate though, the Tate Turner gallery, as he used to paint around here; I am really looking forward to that opening.

Anyway, and then back home where we made coffee and then I sat down to read the papers and watch football; lots of football. Well, two games in the afternoon and then gird my loins for the American version that evening. We cooked dinner, stak and ale pie, vegetables and roast potatoes. All very nice.

At least the game was worth waiting for, nothing too controversial, just good offensive football, two great teams, two great quarterbacks, and the underdog winning, and so the story of redemption being fulfilled.

No comments: