Tuesday 16 August 2011

Tuesday 16th August 2011

So, cat update.

When I say cat update, I mean Molly update.

So, after work yesterday, I took a hissing ball of fur, in a cat-proof box, to the vets in Whitfield. I was hoping that if I arrived early enough we might get seen earlier and be back home quick. But no, we waited and waited whilst other cats and dogs were seen. And so I was subjected to wall to wall advertising on the practice’s TV channel, or what was probably a simple computer program. So I now know about dog lung worm, canine tooth hygiene and so on, and it was some relief when we were called into the room to see the vet.

Come here, Sofa Boy

At this point Molly tried to burrow under the towel, but the new kitty box is designed to the lid can come off and lift said unhappy mog right out. So, Molly now cowering on the table, the vet looks at wound, takes scab off, washes wound and gives Molly a jab. Seems that the scab should be removed wherever possible to allow air to get to it. The healing process is almost complete, although it doesn’t look like it. Now that she has had a jab, she can go back out, which is a relief to us and the furniture.

Back home, and open the door to the box, Molly suspects something, and just sits. And then goes into the kitchen and decides its time for dinner. I stroke her as she eats. And then, with a jump she runs outside and we have not seen her since! We assume she came back for breakfast after we left for work. We won’t worry about that now until this evening, as we now know she is prone to staying out as long as she wants.

Hoverfly

Jools headed off to yoga, and my friend Gary comes round and we go hunting butterflies; but the sun was hidden behind a cloud and with the breeze there were none where I had snapped loads at the weekend. So, we snapped what was there; hover flies, and head back to the house for a swifter of sloe gin; and mighty fine it was, as it is now nearly a year old.

Time enough for dinner, and being nearly eight, something light; cheese and beans on toast with a huge cuppa! Well, it may not be a la carte, but it hit the spot. I then sat down with Scully to watch the football on TV. She had meowed at six to let me know that my presence was required on sofa duty, but I had other plans for a while.

2 comments:

jelltex said...

Molly update: Whole wound has now scabbed over and is looking smaller. Saying that she didn't turn up until gone seven this evening just as we began imagining horrible things that might have happened to her. Or I did. And that was after saying to Jools that there was nothing to worry about!
So she wanders in, demands food, eats whilst being stroked and then goes out again. She did jump in the living room window during the night, and slept in our room, and so was wide awake this morning when the alarm went off.

Wanting more food.

forkboy said...

I'm beginning to suspect she has a boyfriend!