Wednesday 29 August 2012

Wednesday 27th August 2012

So, I went to the doctor’s yesterday to see what he said about my back. As its been a couple of years since I was last there he did a number of checks including a weigh in. In all honesty, I know I could have done better this year with my weight, but I have been on the cross-trainer, we have been eating better. But I guess I have been slipping back, certainly these last few weeks with two, if not three meals a day in Denmark. And we really haven’t been out walking as much as we should.

We all like to delude ourselves that things are not as they seem, that it’s our clothes that have shrunk not us that has grown bigger. There can be no dispute, no argument, that things have to change, that we really will have to change and keep that change. We are now coming into the autumn, it will be cool enough to go on the trainer anytime without kidding ourselves it will be cooler later, I’ll do it then. Eat less cheese, use smaller plates and just do better. I’ve done it in the past and so can do it again. I have to, there can be no avoiding the fact I’m 47, and warnings of cholesterol and high blood pressure cannot, and must not be ignored.

I still think we’re not far away from where we want to be, but just not tempted by the snacks, and just eat what we need. And be more active. Oh, and cut down on the booze. I, in all honesty, have never been what could be described as a big drinker, but going from a drink a couple of times a week has switched to a drink most days. The switch to having a glass of water with a glass of wine has slipped and now its one glass, two glasses. So, restrict drinking to the weekend, and then just with a meal. And we shall see.

In other news, London once again is set to become the centre of the sporting world when the Paralympic Games opens this evening. We are heading to the games on Saturday and Sunday, and we can’t wait to get a feel for the games. It should be one of the highlights of the year. We will be in the main area on Saturday to watch the athletics, and on Sunday in the Excel to see the wheelchair basketball.

Norwich won their first game of the season last night, 2-1 against Scunny in the league Cup; maybe from this small acorn a fine season will grow. The transfer window is set to close on Friday evening, so stand by for the usual hectic scenes as players are transferred right up to midnight.

Outside the wind is blowing and the sea has white caps, it feels cooler, so an autumnal feel to the day? Maybe.

No comments: