Saturday 24 August 2013

Saturday 24th August 2013

Bank Holiday Saturday.

It is the weekend. I say that because although it is not a work day, here I am at the computer. I am doing this as because, as is the tradition, it is pouring with rain outside. But is it, Ian? Well, no. But the met Office has, like promised LOADS of rain today, loads in the morning, loads in the afternoon and loads in the evening. Only, we had some showers this morning, and now its lunchtime, I am sitting here listening to the Fulham v Arsenal game on the radio, and the BBC tells us that we are going to get drenched very soon. With the weather getting better over the remaining two days of the long weekend, I am not worrying too much about it being a 'wasted' weekend.

Small Tortoiseshell  Aglais urticae

This morning, we headed to Dover to do some chores, buy some fruit and veg. Whilst our car was being cleaned, we went into the Dickens Tearooms for a cuppa nd a breakfast bap. It was the smell of cooking bacon that lured me in. Four rashers of bacn and a fried egg. Egg counts as one of your five a day, right?

Fushia after the rain

And that has been your Saturday.

The rest of the week has been very uneventful. Work is as it always is, dealing with issues, writing mails and the such. And we all try to cope with the lack of running water at the office which entered its sixth day on Friday. There is talk of it being fixed 'soon'. But then at one point there were losing 16 tons of water an hour or something.

Drinking from the watering can

Jools called at three twenty yesterday, asking if I was still at work. I thought it was high time I wasn't, and so packed my stuff away and left. Thing is, that the customer has built this 'green' office building that is too cold in the winter and too hot in the summer. With humity running at 98% on Friday and only a breath of wind, it was like working in treacle, and soon i felt my eyelids drooping. How good it was to leave the office with three whole days off ahead.

No comments: