Wednesday 7 August 2013

Wednesday 7th August 2013

It would seem that there was more to my achy breaky leg last week ore than a couple of falls. What I mean is, the falls might have both been accidental, the pain I felt in my left shin was not imagined. On Monday the swelling in my leg that I had been putting down to hot weather and the reddening of said shin were both so bad I could barely get on a shoe and not stop itching.

So, I decided to book an appointment with the doctor and see what was happening. So, I struggled through the day, getting up every hour for walks, and that really didn't work in stopping the swelling.

So, I drove to St Margaret's to the surgery, and waited for my appointment. I saw the locum, and she took one look at leg and ankle and said that I had two things: something like celulitus and an infection. I was prescribed two lts of pills, and bed rest as my ankle needs to be raised. So, no work for a couple of days at least, and stuck at home.

So, for the past two days I have been home, laying in bed or on the sofa. I have caught up on my reading, watched some old Time Team episodes. The swelling seems to be less today, but the infection is still raging and my leg feels like it is running a high temperature. So that is my life right now. I will see in the morning if things are better, if not I will have to go to A&E for a closer look at what is going on.

More to follow....

No comments: