Thursday 1 January 2015

A brief look ahead to 2015

Yes, and welcome to 2015. I am writing this in the afternoon, and the first football of the year is taking place all over the Premier League. I mention football, as really, it is pretty much what I know a bit about, and yet, I am not going to make that many predictions for the rest of the season, other than either Chelsea or Manchester City will win the league, and any one of a dozen teams could go down. I really don't mind who goes down, or who wins the title, or who wins the Champions League, or the Europa League, or, well, you see a pattern here. And I believe I have stated this before, but an English club being successful in Europe has no impact on the club I support, Norwich City. And as most of them are on English in that it is where they play their home games, that most have very few, if any, English players, I really am ambivalent whether one of the remaining English teams in Europe win, lose or draw. As long as I'm entertained. As that is what the game is about, then it should be all that matters.

Will Norwich go up? I have no idea to be honest. We have the squad, but at times they lack concentration and are sloppy. But, they could. Or might not. It won't define my life, however. I will write about how they do each week, but, you know, I won't go running up the street naked if we win. Or if we get promoted even.

In Europe, the knock out stages will feature an ever-increasing bombastic match-ups between Europe's biggest and richest clubs. The outcomes of which won't matter a jot for the most part. If a game is on TV when I'm on my travels, I will watch. From next season no games will be on free to air TV channels. So, I will watch even less games, and be even less likely to buy a Ford Car, buy my gas from Gazprom or drink whatever over-gassy beer is sponsoring the competition next year.

In the world game, FIFA will resist publishing the full version of the corruption report. Blatter will be re-elected, of if he is forced to resign, a Blatter-clone will be elected: turkeys won't vote for Christmas and FIFA will never change. Change will only come if their commercial partners press for it, and no sign of that yet. FIFA will also have to announce when the 2022 World Cup will take place, there is now only a really narrow window if it is to be switched to the winter. And if it is, I hope that both the Australian and American FAs sue FIFA for breach of contract. But politics will win out.

Music.

I have no idea about music, other than I know what I like and do not like. Tip for making it big: no idea.

Film.

Once again, we don't go to the cinema much, so, some films will be released, some good, most bad.

UK

This year we will have an election. Probably will result in another hung parliament. Just between which parties. If the Tories win, they will kill off what is left of the NHS, carry on the war against the sick, the old, the disabled and the poorly paid. The rich will get richer, and for the most part this will be unreported by either the press or the BBC. Immigrants will get blamed for taking resources, especially in the NHS, despite a large proportion of the doctors and nurses are themselves immigrants. Lies and damn lies will be told about immigrants, mostly bu either the Express or The Mail. As usual.

As for me: I will be travelling more and more. And work will be taking over more and more of my life, starting from next week. I have to travel to Denmark next week, probably Germany the week after. And then, who knows. And it will be like that until Easter, at which point I will then have to add Holland as another potential destination. And I will be in Holland pretty much until the end of the year and the farm is handed over to the customer. And then the threat the whole circus will begin again if I get a new project.

But until then I will be heading here, there, and here again.

Finally.

A horse will win the grand national.
A man on a bike will win the Tour de France
It will snow this winter
It will snow during the summer
There will a royal baby
Some politicians will lie
A lot
I will write a lot of blogs
I will take a huge number of photographs

No comments: