Thursday 15 January 2015

Thursday 15th January 2015

Wednesday.

Another day during which the wind blew, so another day working from home for me, and a day where the cats knew where I was, so their every whim could be meowed for.

Jools left the house and into the maelstrom at just gone seven, leaving just me, the cats and the works computer alone for the day. I switched the computer on, looked at my mails, and already the day was shit and only going to get worse. A lot worse. I won't go into details, but a mail received at ten past one, meant the whole day would now be given over the clearing the crap up. I fired off mails, more mails, and yet more mails. Then waited. Got answers, sent replies, had meetings. And at half four, I got clarification and the panic was over, but so was the day.

Outside, the rain had cleared, the sun had come out, I had hoped to get out to catch some sun at the end of the day, work had other ideas, and then just before sunset, clouds swept over covering the sun, meaning those hoped-for sunset shots would have to wait another day.

The cats were watching my every move, and I broke at half four, and fed them, although by this time the regular handfulls of crunchies meant that Mr Handsome, Mulder, was out strutting his stuff somewhere. The ladies ate, as outside the sun set and darkness fell.

sunny afternoon

As soon as Jools came home, she had to field a call with social services regarding Nan. It is a mess, with it looking like her current home playing tug-o-war with her. We shall see. Jools had cooked a bread and butter pudding, which was fine, we ate that whilst watching Michael Caine in The Ipcress File. Caine was playing himself, and was very good at it. Cinetography was very 'modern' and jarring this far distant, but seeing London in the 60s, all grimy, still with steam-hauled trains and empty parking spaces was a real delight.

I round off the evening by watching 1p5wich on TV, playing Southampton in the Cup. They were awful, thankfully, and so I only had to watch 20 minutes, with every minute feeling like an hour the game was so poor. Still, got to laugh.

No comments: