Wednesday 14 January 2015

Wednesday 14th January 2015

Tuesday.

A day in which as time went on, I lost more and more control.

And added to that, I picked up a bug which opened the gates at both ends, which resulted in me spending the afternoon groaning in bed, rather than slaving over the hot keyboard of my work computer. At least I had the cats to keep me company. Two of them settled down on the bed to keep an eye on me, and to make sure when I might feed them. At it turned out, they got fed at half four, just as the phone started going crazy.

Nan has never been happy at the care home, and what with the official investigations going on, and the local health authority carrying out their own checks on Nan, they have recommended that Nan is moved, only to find out there a place has opened up at another home. Tony visited it yesterday, and is much better than where Nan is now, so we reserved the place, only for Nan's current home to start throwing up all sorts of obstacles in the way, not least was 28 days written notice. Each 28 days costs three grand remember, and for that she is not being looked after and slumping further into depression.

So, work is now going on to try to smooth things out with her current place, whilst making sure she does no loose her place at the new home. Fingers crossed on all this, that Nan will go somewhere where she will be cared for, happy and get something like value for money.

THe evening was spent with Jools gong to visit Dad, and me listening to the radio, entertaining cat and drinking whisky. With my stomach the way it was, probably not the wisest course of action. Then the football went into extra time. And penalties. Late night then.......

No comments: