Saturday 25 February 2017

Friday 24th February 2017

We made it, at least the the start of the last day of the working week! Say, take two days off.

Yes, it is Friday, spring is on the way, mornings are lighter, evenings too are getting lighter. Soon the orchid season will have begun, and we will be out, out out every opportunity.

But until then, there is work, stuff to do in the garden and wait on our feline overlords at their beck and call. Because, and lets be honest about this, is why I work from home every other week now.

Here comes the Queen Anyway, Jools just has a 6 hour day, and mine should be something similar, however, things did not work out quite that way.

Spring colours and shapes On top of that, there is the fountain to put back upright. Molly comes out to supervise the work, just in case I might like to feed her at the same time. Every time I go out to the garden, there is something else to see either shooting out of the soil, or has flowers opening. THanks to a hole in the hedge, a ray of light is illuminating two blue crocus under the fir trees, it looks so picture perfect, I go back inside and fix the macro lens on the 6D and take some snaps.

On top of that, the four pots of dwarf iris looks stunning in the sunshine, so I take shots of those as well.

Spring colours and shapes The fountain is back upright, and looking fine in the spring sunshine. How lucky we are I say for the millionth time since moving here.

Back inside I finally get through to IT after not being able to use a piece of software, as I show him how after clicking on the app icon,showing how it fails to work. It works. Why is this always the case?

Oh well. I then find that the codes I have for inputting the information are not valid for the new year, so back to square one.

Spring colours and shapes Oh look, nearly dinner time. But instead of baking rolls, I rustle up a batch of Norfolk Short Cakes. These are something my Nana used to make, and are just wonderful either fresh out of the oven or once cool. Heck, good for breakfast, lunch or just a snack. I tell myself, when I get them out of the oven, I will have just the one so when Jools comes home we can have a brew and another one.

Fifty four And somehow, I manage to keep to that.

Work throws a curveball, and I find myself working until half three, but just as I pack up, Jools arrives home with the emergency supply of milk, so we can have that brew. And a short cake. Yum indeed.

I put on the radio, and Steve Lamacq is playing some cracking tunes for the end of the week, as he always does. I cook dinner, boiled chicken and rice, whilst the weekend soundtrack kicks on.

Yeah baby!

Friday evening is quiz night, that is until the return of The Don. So after Top of the Pops from April 1983, which I can remember being aired, and coincided with me starting a job training scheme at Hubbards Electrical in Lowestoft. I can remember going out of the Ford Transit delivery truck with Joboxers blaring pout of the radio on Radio 1 on AM. Those were the days.

Anyway: Mastermind followed by Only Connect means that it is soon nine in the the evening. So, one final check of the interwebs and see what that Shitgibbon Trump has been up to now. Banning the free press because of all the lies they print because of the leaks of lies coming out of the White House and everywhere else in government. If the leaks are lies, and printing them are lies, then what is the problem you Nazi shitgibbon? Fake news from a fake president.

No comments: