Sunday 12 February 2017

Saturday 11th February 2017

We have now been living in Chez Jelltex for eight years. I know this as I have been reading my posts for this week of years gone by. How exciting that was, packing, moving, unpacking, starting a new job, going to Kazakhstan then my new employer going bust. Yes, it all happened, we had just moved into a new house, with large mortgage, and I had no work. I can now laugh about it, but at the time it was a tough 18 months until I got the permanent job with Vestas.

Forty two We now have repaired the house, done up the garden and are settled here with the cats, it really is a fine life.

We wake up just before seven, and there is that odd blue light showing through the windows showing that it had been snowing. THe light doesn't last, so its a rush to go downstairs, find the camera, put it to the right settings, then go back to the bathroom to snap the scene. Already the blue is fading, but the clouds hanging dark and pendulous, look full of snow. And yet, it is clear the melt is already under way, and would continue through the day.

We were going to go to Littlehampton, or at least to west Kent on a church hunt, but to be honest the light was even worse than on Thursday and Friday, and the temptation was to stay at home and watch the wildlife come to the garden for food.

Consulting the BBC website, there is football on the radio, rugby on TV, and I have a stack of photos to edit. all in all, a fine day in. So I get down to make some bacon sandwiches, a fresh brew and all's right with the world. Katie is on the radio, so we listen to her as we do our hobbies, whilst outside the snow still falls. The cats are not impressed with the weather, and even when put out the door, they come right back in.

After lunch we watch Ireland v Italy, whilst I have the digital radio on beside me, with the football on. Its a fine way to spend the day; Molly sits beside me on the sofa. At three the football starts, and in 20 minutes City are 3-0,, and run out 5-1 winners over Forest. I'll settle for that.

At then to five, Wales v England kicks off, and is a brilliant game, with England behind until the final 2 minutes when they score a second try. Fantastic finish.

We have warmed up baked pasta, and it is still good. Great even.

City wnning, and scoring five top drawer goals means I have to watch the highlights at the end of the evening, and indeed the goals are well worth watching. That it might even now be too little too late for promotion is another matter, but let us celebrate a win, good performance and great goals.

No comments: