Wednesday 8 February 2017

Tuesday 7th February 2017

It is odd, that even after several months since my last vacation, that sitting at home, doing nothing on either the internet or sitting in the back office, just reading, seems like playing hooky, and making me feel guilty for not working.

Although I have the day off, Jools has to go back to work. So that means the alarm going off at quarter to six, feed the cats, make coffee and the other stuff that makes up a morning. But without the pain of me actually working. Which is nice.

Thirty eight At seven, Jools leaves, and I have the day to myself. Sadly outside, mist and fog has rolled in, and both are mixed with drizzle, making it a most unpleasant morning. One for sitting at the computer editing shots, writing blogs and listening to the radio. And not getting dressed apparently.

THere are also cats to pet and serve, of course. Food not in quite the right place? Of course I will move it six inches. And so on. Sadly, cats don't get irony, they are probably laughing at what they have made their human do now!

View from the sofa I have lunch before eleven, then do get dressed, just in case someone knocks at the door.

In the afternoon, Molly and I take to the sofa to binge watch Time Team. She snuggles up beside me on the sofa, and is soon snoring as she lays gripping my jeans with her claws. I would have gotten up before, but did not want to disturb her, so find something else to watch.

Outside, the clouds had cleared, and some late afternoon sun was shining, but too late to do anything really. I tell myself I should go on the cross trainer where it will be warmer. I get ready and go up to find the i pod is flat, and so scrub the workout until the morning. I sit in the back office reading the new WSC in the late afternoon light. Over my shoulder outside, the setting sun turn the tree on the other side of the dip to gold. Mulder comes along, and is soon sitting on the back of the chair. THere is the feeling of movement, and he is gone. I thurn round and see he has jumped to the very top of the shelving until. He looks very happy with himself, but cannot get past the box with the scanner in, so just looks down wide eyed.

Lindemans Faro Lambic How are you going to get down from there? I say. I found out seconds later as he jumped back down to the back of the chair, and in the same movement is back down on the floor. He is looking pleased with himself and licks his paw in satisfaction. Now, about lunch he says.....

I feed the cats, then at five as darkness begins to fall outside, I start to peel the vegetables for dinner. I see outside the waxing moon is three quarter full again, so nearly ten days have passed since I last noticed it.

We have warmed up beef, from Sunday, but the rest is fresh, and is wonderful, as a midweek roast always is. It is Tony's birthday, so Jools goes round to drop a card off, and to arrange a meal out at the weekend. I'm not feeling to sociable, so stay behind, wash up and follow City's game on Twitter. It ends up a 2-2 draw, feels more like two points dropped than a point won to be honest.

Tomorrow, more interesting stuff planned. I hope.

No comments: