Monday 6 February 2017

Sunday 5th February 2017

Another weekend comes round, and apart from getting tipsy fart at the beer festival, and lazing around like and old foppish soak, I did very, very little. We did plan for much stuff on Sunday, but the promised sunshine failed to appear. Well, the bright spell got later and later, and by the time it did brighten up, I was cooking dinner.

So, did little, drunk another beer and shared a bottle of fizz with Jools, so when the football was on the radio, I fell asleep again. Situation normal.

We got up at about seven, made coffee, fed the cats, put bird seed out and then I sat down to watch football. Highlights of a very interesting day, if you like that short of thing, really. There are croissants for breakfast, more coffee, then I thought about what do with the rest of the day. It seemed we could bring dinner forward to about half three, so be hungry, then chill for the rest of the day.

Which we did.

Outside, it was cold, cloud swept in, and it tried to rain. I put the beef in the oven just before one, cooking it so it was nice and pink inside, if not rarer. I made Yorkshire Puddings, roast potatoes and steamed vegetables. It was splendid, even if the chef is saying so. Man, it went down well with a bottle of cheap fizz, we listened to Desert Island Discs, then both retired to the sofa to snooze.

Outside darkness fell, along with some rain. We watch a documentary on the so called Glorious Revolution.

Seems like I have one more day at work, then a whole week off, for my delayed Christmas Vacation.

Which would be nice.

Thirty six We end the day sitting outside as Jools christens her new fire pit by burning something.

No comments: