Tuesday 7 February 2017

Monday 6th February 2017

For the past three months there has been a large story building, but for various reasons, which might become clear, I have not mentioned it thus far.Some time before Christmas, a colleague posted a job add for a position within the company I work for, at a new site in East Sussex. I looked at the requirements and realised that Jools would be perfect for it, so I sent her the add, she agreed and applied. She got through the first part, had to complete an in-depth application, then wait. And more waiting.

Then, last week she was invited along for an interview on the 6th February. So, yesterday she took the day off work, went along to Newhaven in Sussex for a late afternoon interview, which seemed to go quite well. And now there is more waiting.

What I haven't said is that if she were to get it and accept, it would result in major changes to our lives; she would work one week off one week on, thus meaning I would only have to travel every other week, when she was at home. You quickly realise that we would not see so much of each other. But that is to deal with if she gets the job. Anyway, exciting times, and stay tuned for more details.

And Monday was my only working day of the week, due to me taking a delayed Christmas holiday, having "worked" all through the Festive and New Year period. So, ahead of me was a day through which I had to tie up all loose ends so to have a stress free break. The interview meant that Jools did not go to work, but went shopping early on to get a few bits and pieces we needed, before getting ready and setting off for Newhaven at half eleven.

Leaving me alone with the cats and work. I looked outside, the sun had broken through and it was going to be a fine afternoon, by the forecast the best weather all week, and I had to carry on and work. Bugger.

Meetings, find and file paperwork, with a final meeting with my boss to let him know all was under control, and that I had done my travel expenses. He was pleased.

But not as pleased as I was, goes without saying really.

So at four, I was done, switched the computer off, and after a deep sigh, went upstairs for a session on the cross-trainer, ignoring the mogs demands for an early dinner. In fact, Scully sat on guard in the doorway making sure I wasn't going to have a bowl of kitty kibbles with me. As I huffed and puffed to Train in Vain, White Man in Hammersmith Palais, she licked her bottom, and kept looking. After a poor 20 minutes, I stopped, took off my headphones, and she greeted me with a demanding meow.

Thirty seven So I did go down to feed them all, Mulder and Molly appeared from their sleeping places to announce that they will now accept food.

As the light fades, I go outside to check on the garden and to snap a few shots for the day of the bulbs and spring plants showing now a few inches above the ground.

Hellebore After having a shower, I make dinner for myself, some Thai flavoured fishcakes that I got at the weekend, spicy cous cous and more sweetcorn with crispy bacon bits, now my favourite thing of the moment.

I get a call from Jools at half six to say she was now setting off, giving me just over two hours to wait for her return. Molly and I sit on the sofa to watch two episodes of Time Team. Jools arrives home just eight, we swap news and I listen to how the interview went. I also look at Newhaven on GSV, and I think it might be work investigating in the very near future, lots of interesting buildings and railways stuff I think.

We shall see.

1 comment:

nztony said...

Good luck to Jools and I did a quick Google Earth look at Newhaven too.
(But you won't be surprised.)