Sunday 12 February 2017

Sunday 12th February 2017

This will be my last post until Friday, I suspect.

I have a hectic day planned tomorrow, and then on Tuesday, I go to Belgium working until Friday. I will continue to write and post them when I can.

We woke up this morning to find the snow had all melted, and despite the BBC saying it would be a brighter day, there were dark clouds making it still feel like night, and a steady drizzle falling.

Forty three After making coffee, I watch the football, whilst looking at the birds outside feasting on the seeds I had put out. Afterwards, I decide that with the offcuts of bacon I had left from yesterday, I would defrost some bangers and make a fry up. So, I got busy, and soon had the sausage frying, bacon grilling, and cold mashed potato frying in butter to make it crispy.

The St James development, Dover We eat at about half nine, and it was as good as it sounds. Not if you're a vegetarian of course, but then we're not.

Somehow, Jools and I ran out of shower gel the same day, and so we had to pop into Dover to visit Boots, and that gave me the chance to snap the work on the St James Development. I guess its about a year since i last took shots, and in that time I guess they have been laying foundations and footings. And now they can put up the steelwork for the new cinema and shops.

The St James development, Dover Anyway, most of what you can see is a painted green fence, but there are places where you can see in, so I take shots whilst we walk round the site. Two through roads now don't go through, as this is where the new car park will be. Seems like they are expecting lots of visitors by cars, as this will be the second or third new car park. Sadly, the Co-oP closed last night, another victim to modern times, and a crowded town with only so many customers. It was the last of the town centre supermarkets, and now the shop will be empty.

The St James development, Dover Jools goes to Boots and I go to Sports Direct to get some new trainers, or walking shoes. As mine are either falling to pieces or covered in mud. So, I go in, see a pair I like, try them on, pay for them and leave. 5 minutes, I know how to shop.

And that is that, we walk back down to the car park, past more empty shops; many of which were charity shops. What does it mean when even they close? And yet more shops are coming down at St James, maybe they understand economics better than I do. Or not.

The St James development, Dover We go to visit the old folks at Whitfield. Tony is smoking huge roll ups like they're going out of fashion. But he's in good spirits, he's just had his 75th birthday, and we are going out for dinner on Friday. Or should be, I might be washing my hair. As it seems I have become unsociable in my middle age.

The St James development, Dover Back home for more rugby and football. And a glass of Belgian beer too. I try not to fall asleep as France just beat Scotland, and on the radio, Leicester lose once again.

For the first time in months we have fried breaded aubergine and pasta salad for dinner. Because its nice, and tomorrow when I get back from London I will just be able to get it out of the fridge and eat. I know how to roll.

So, we are tired, fed and watered, and tomorrow is MOnday. But a Monday off for me. News on that London and the working week in Friday.

Y'all take care now.

2 comments:

nztony said...

"As it seems I have become unsociable in my middle age."
I hope you get this sorted by around, lets say, May/June this year?

jelltex said...

Just with the father-in-law; he smokes like a chimney, and is unpleasant experience after a while.

Normally I am very sociable!