Saturday 11 June 2022

Friday 10th June 2022

As susepcted, I have caught Jools' cold. Or rather cough.

I was awake just after four barking like a dog.

At least there was no work to prepare for. Yet.

I could lie, toss and turn, until it was fully light, then went down to go on the net until Jools woke and we could have coffee.

As bad and stressful as rounding up the cats before we go away, the upside is that we get to collect them once we're home, and then have four feline shadows following us around for a few hours or days.

So, after second coffee and breakfast of fruit, I go to pick up the cats from Walmer. We the other place in Denton having closed, it meant we could find somewhere nearer, which meant that Mulder's bowels hold, so no stinky accidents to clean up.

I arrive dead on nine, and she went to get the cats, then filled me in the the details of how they've been. All good, eating and evacuating well, all could be stroked except Cleo who was very flighty. But then she said, just then with nowhere to escape to, she was fine and purred before being put in the basket.

I drive them home, and the four of them sing all the way.

Mulder I let out on the drive, just in case. And then Scully. Poppy and Cleo I let out in the house as this was their first time away, and I was concerned they would run.

Nothing like that, they came out, meowed, went out the window, came in the back door, meowing, demanding food. Later, Jools and I were sitting on the patio, quiet Poppy came to the back door and meowed very loudly for more food. Maybe the change has done them good?

I was coughing well, but not so much, so I thought I would go for a haircut. Jools was going to stay to do some gardening, so I could go to PGD to do some orchiding, doubly so as I was leading a tour there on Saturday, to find the Musks, best I know where some are, as nothing more embarassing to hunt high and low for two hours in front of the group.

Folkestone was almost impossible to get into due to roadworks, in the end I parked near the harbour and walked up the Old High Street then up to the barbers.

A chair was free, so I go in and I was shorn good and proper.

I walk back to the car, then drive out under Foord Viaduct and then up through Hawkinge before cutting through via the narrow lanes to Acrise and down into Elham. I didn't meet another car, and being a glorious day, I had the windows open to take in the sounds and scents of the countryside.

Lovely.

From Elham, along more narrow lanes to PGD, where I park in the alayby via some fancy reverse parking, and I was here.

How long would it take me to find the Musks, and hour, two?

I needn't have worried as a member of my group was here, and due to being weary through lack of sleep, I asked Graham where the Musks were, and he showed me.

One hundred and sixty one Job done.

I showed them some FLy and white Chalk Fragrants, then on thw walk back I discovered a very unsual splant, with two spikes coming out of a single rosette. Never seen that before.

Conjoined And back home for quarter past one, make some ham rolls for lunch, Jools makes brews.

And that is it for the day, just relaxing and coughing.

Dinner was a selection of cold tapas from Tesco, not as good as the real thing, but good enough.

I came 9th in the music quiz, so get two shiny points, and we were all pooped by eight in the evening, so retire to read.

No comments: